Thursday, January 21, 2010

The World would be a better place if.....

This week we learned about Martin Luther King, Jr. We learned he worked hard to get some laws changed to make our country a better place to live.

We wrote about what we could do to make the world a better place.

Enjoy our stories and leave comments. We love to read them.



By Andrea

I want kids to learn more about the world. I want kids to be scientists. I want kids to be smart and the kids can go to high schools. Then they can go to college. They get a job as a nurse and help people that are sick. Doctors can help people that hurt themselves. The world would be a better place if we made more schools.



By Rina

The world would be a better place if everybody recycled. I would tell the neighborhood. If everybody would recycle the world would be clean. If everybody helps the world would be clean. Everybody can recycle glass, paper, water bottles, and lots more. So starty recycling and you would save the world!



By I.H.

The world would be a better place if everybody gives money to poor people all over the world so they can live. Some people can get a job to save money. We can also give to old people. If we give them money they could live. Let’s give money to poor people.



By Andrew

The world would be a better place if people share things to be nice and to be friends and to get money. People do garage sales to get money. If people get money they can get a better job and a better life. People clean up the world. That's good.



By L.C.

The world would be a better place if we clean up the earth because the earth is our home. We share things. We have to be nice to our friends and share things. We will be a better person. We don't fight because people don't like it. The world would be a better place if people recycle trash and paper because people want to.



By Deylan

The world would be a better place if I cleaned up Earth. I think if you clean the earth nobody would get sick. If all people got sick there would not be schools, and that would be scary. Our world would look bad. So let's not do that. If there were no schools the kids that were not sick would want to go to school! The sun would be no use, and neither would the moon. There could be no people. So that's why. OK, people know my dream.



By Tykino

The world would be a better place if people did not fight or argue. I see people do stuff like that all the time. Sometimes when I go to day care a lot of people do stuff like that all of the day. I want to be just like Martin Luther King, Jr. when I grow up.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! I think if all your ideas came true, we sure would have an extra WONDERFUL WORLD!! Thanks for writing down your ideas and sharing them with us!!

    :)Mrs. VanBuskirk

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd graders you all are the future and I'm looking forward to a future where everyone does what you think they should do. Always keep your big hearts and try to leave the world a better place by your generousity and environmental ideas.

    Mrs. Debbie White

    ReplyDelete